Notice is hereby given that Citizens United Foundation is offering a $50,000 reward in exchange for information leading to the apprehension and conviction of the person who perpetrated an assault and battery on Hayden Williams, during the afternoon of February 19, 2019. This reward has been made possible through the generosity of an anonymous donor.
Any person having information related to this crime is requested to contact Citizens United Foundation at the following email address: BerkeleyThugReward@citizensunited.org. In the email, please provide contact information and details of the information in your possession, including relevant facts. Any information provided will be promptly forwarded to the UC Berkeley Police Department.
The terms of this reward are as follows:
- The information given that leads to a determination of the identity, the apprehension and conviction of the person who committed the assault and battery must be given subsequent to the first publication of this Reward Notice and prior to the arrest of the perpetrator of the crime.
- The information given must actually be used to assist in the identification, apprehension or conviction the perpetrator of the crime. Cumulative information provided that is already in the possession of law enforcement shall not qualify for the reward.
- The total payment of any reward shall not exceed $50,000, and may be apportioned among multiple claimants. No claim shall be paid prior to conviction of the perpetrator unless the Citizens United Foundation President makes a finding of impossibility of conviction due to the death or incapacity of the person responsible for the crime.
- The following are not eligible for the reward: perpetrator of the crime, law enforcement personnel or government officials when acting in the performance of their official duties.
- The determination of eligibility for the reward, and any apportionment thereof among multiple claimants, shall be determined by the Citizens United Foundation President, in his sole discretion. Such determination shall be final and not subject to any appeal.
- Claimants are required to provide appropriate tax reporting information. Failure to provide such information shall disqualify the claimant from the reward or any portion thereof.
Any claims for the reward funds must be filed in writing no later than March 29th, 2019, with Citizens United Foundation, Attention: Reward Claim, 1006 Pennsylvania Ave., SE, Washington, DC. 20003. For further information call 202-547-5420.